Highland Brewing’s Tasting Room is looking for Tour Guides with a passion for story-telling.
Our story is part of what draws people to our beer and our Tasting Room. Highland Tour Guides tell the story of our humble beginnings as Asheville’s first legal brewer since Prohibition, to our 23rd Anniversary as Asheville’s premier craft brewer, in our exciting hill-top brew house, event center, and meadow complex. They also sell our awesome Beer Gear to visitors from all over the country and the world.
Successful candidates will have working knowledge of craft brewing, experience with retail sales, hospitality industry or event planning and management experience.
This role is part-time, 20 hours/week, mostly nights and weekends. Send resume and cover letter to Careers@HighlandBrewing.com
Job Title: Hospitality Representative – Tour Guide
FLSA Status: Part-time Hourly
Reports to: Tour and Beer Gear Supervisor
Responsible for serving Highland customers in an efficient, professional, and friendly manner
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Greets and serves customers in a polite, helpful manner
* Gives brewery tours
* Sells merchandise and packaged beer, as needed
* Sells tickets at door for events, as needed
* Accurately processes payment for purchases
* Cleans Hospitality department tables, floors, restrooms, outside areas, etc., as needed
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Education: High school diploma preferred
* Experience: Some hospitality, customer service or related experience required
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Ability to accurately manage cash and protect other Highland assets
* Ability to operate merchandise point-of-sale system
* Working knowledge of the craft brewing industry
* Ability to work well independently and within a team environment
* Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
* Excellent customer service skills
* Excellent verbal communication skills
* Ability to stand for long periods of time and do physically demanding work is required.
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is required.
* Willingness to work evenings and weekends is required.
At-Will Employment: Employment with Highland Brewing Co. may be terminated by either Highland or the employee at any time with or without cause or notice.