December 16, 2020
To our fans and guests,
After careful consideration, the team and I have come to the decision to temporarily close our Taproom after regular service on Wednesday, December 23. Our hibernation will continue into early 2021, with curbside pickup reopening on January 6 and full reopening at a later date.
We decided to voluntarily close the Taproom doors with a few factors in mind:
- The loss of outdoor seating options due to colder weather
- Increased safety mandates regarding capacity, hours, and operations
- The local increase in COVID cases and projections for that upward trend to continue through the holidays
What does that mean for the beer? Brewing operations will remain full steam ahead, around the clock. Curbside pickup at the brewery will also close down on December 23 and will reopen on January 6. However, you will still be able to find Highland beer in stores across our distribution footprint as usual. Plus, we have some exciting new beers to share with you in 2021. Keep an eye out for our upcoming releases!
What does this mean for our team? We made this decision to temporarily close out of care for the health and safety of our team. All of our hospitality team members will receive support during this closure including paid time off and shifts available to focus on Taproom improvement projects, training courses, and supporting other departments.
Looking back on this crazy year, we’ve had so many unforgettable moments from curbside pickups with free toilet paper in March to a completely re-imagined Cold Mountain release in November. While I worked with the hospitality team as a bar-back over Thanksgiving weekend, I looked out on the busy Taproom and paused for just a moment to reflect on how grateful I am for your support throughout this year. Thank you! We appreciate the fun moments and look forward to more.
While we will miss seeing your faces around our Taproom for a while, we wish everyone a healthy and happy holiday season. We look forward to welcoming you back in the New Year. Stay tuned for reopening details in early 2021.
In the meantime, we have some holiday crowler specials this week, so you can take Highland home and celebrate with us over the holidays. Come get your fill and we will see you again in 2021!
Thank you, as always, for your continued support. Be well.
— — — — — — — — -
November 26, 2020
Your support is uplifting!
Here’s an update to yesterday’s post: After phone conversations and check-ins with every Hospitality team member and with a deep clean underway, Highland will reopen tomorrow (11/27)!
The Black Watch Release and the outdoor tree lot will go on. We will close at 7 pm on Friday and Saturday. The Rooftop and Taproom will be open from 12-7 pm. Curbside pickup will also be available.
Please note, the NC mask mandates have recently expanded: All guests must wear a mask at all times unless actively eating or drinking even once seated at your table. If you are willing to adjust to this practice, please join us - you’ll help us do our part. If this practice does not work for you, we look forward to seeing you when restrictions ease up. We ALL look forward to that day.
In the meantime, Happy Thanksgiving. Cheers to good beer and good health
November 25, 2020
Highland friends and fans,
We believe transparency is always the best practice and therefore would like to share a member of our hospitality team has tested positive for COVID-19. The team member has not served guests since their exposure. Any team member who may have possibly exposed will also be tested before returning to the brewery. We will close the Taproom today out of an abundance of caution and are taking immediate action to deep clean and safeguard our team, our space, and our guests.
We will remain closed tomorrow, as planned, for the Thanksgiving holiday and will undergo a thorough deep cleaning. Please keep an eye on our feed for updates on the weekend schedule.
To Our Community of Guests and Friends:
Taproom and Patio: Mon-Thurs 3-9 PM, Fri-Sat 12-9 PM, Sun 12-7 PM
Taproom and Patio are open to all ages and the Meadow bar is closed for the winter.
The Rooftop will only be open for pop-up events - please check our Facebook page for event updates
Our community has always been the heart of Highland and because of you and your support during these uncertain times, we are here and ready to emerge stronger than ever.
We have ample space to spread out on our 40-acre property, inside and out, and we want to continue to be a community gathering place. While we are looking forward to seeing you all, your well-being is our top priority. We want to ensure that you feel safe and comfortable while enjoying brews in our space as we navigate to our new normal. Here are a few examples of the slew of new safety features we have implemented:
- Permanent curbside pickup location
- Online ordering option on our website, for curbside pickup
- Contactless payment options through Arryved app
- New handwashing stations
- Hands-free bathroom door opener
- Bartenders and staff will wear masks and wash hands frequently
- Plexiglass shields at indoor bars and merchandise stations
- Staff hosts at all entrances to welcome guests and answer questions
- 6-ft distanced floor markers in all high-traffic waiting areas
- Properly distanced tables and seating
- Intentionally limited seating arrangements
- Sanitation captains for every shift using industrial-grade cleaning materials for all high-touch surfaces
- Daily health screenings to closely monitor the health and wellbeing of all staff members
- Touchless faucets and hand-dryers
- Digital menus and single-use paper menus
We have a phased approach to ensure you enjoy a safe and crowd-free visit. Here’s what you can expect:
- The Meadow is open! Kids of all ages are welcome with adult supervision
- Meadow reopens with lush, new grass and concrete walkways to restrooms and bar
- Meadow offers picnic tables and designated seating circles for each group in the grass. For the grassy area, you are welcome to bring your own chairs and picnic blankets
- Additional handwashing sinks installed throughout public spaces
- Trails open daily (note: trails are alcohol-free)
- Go mask-free at your table or seating circle - just throw on your masks when you stand up or step out
- There will be a host at the entry to each space to help orient guests, all guests must have a seat during service
- We can accommodate parties up to 10 people
- Well-behaved dogs on leashes are welcome
- Restructured entry/exit and traffic flow managed throughout the taproom
- Food trucks onsite daily
- Contactless curbside pick-up remains open
We’re all in this together. Our best precautions are only effective if we all follow the suggested best practices. Please wash your hands frequently. Do your best not to congregate in large groups. Refrain from moving the tables and chairs for gatherings. And, if you’re feeling sick or have been sick recently, skip the taproom and send a friend to our contactless to-go stand or place an order through our online store.
We appreciate your patience and understanding. Thank you for supporting our brand and our community through these uneasy times! Count your blessings. We count you and we look forward to seeing you soon!