This position is responsible for leading our brewery tour program, creating excitement about our brand and facility through customer engagement and telling the Highland story.
FLSA Status: Full-Time Hourly, Non-exempt
Reports to: Guest Experience Director
Location: Asheville, NC
Essential Job Functions
- Assists with training and development implementation
- Assists with developing tour types, itineraries, and scripts
- Trains tour guides
- Manages 3rd party tours
- Provides regular critiques of third-party tour performance and activity to Hospitality management.
- Manages requests for private tours
- Leads and supervises tour guide team
- Participates in interviews and selection of candidates and hires
- Ensures tour staff deliver and outstanding guest experience
- Greets and serves customers in a polite, helpful manner
- Gives brewery tours
- Bus dirty glasses and set up tables and chairs as needed
- Cleans Hospitality department tables, floors, restrooms, outside areas, etc., as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
High school diploma preferred
- Six months’ hospitality, customer service or related experience required
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to accurately manage cash and protect other Highland assets
- Ability to operate merchandise point-of-sale system
- Working knowledge of the craft brewing industry
- Ability to work well independently and within a team environment
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Spanish Language skills a plus
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and do physically demanding work is required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is required.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends is required.