Seasonal On Call Bartenders
Our Bartenders have a passion for, and knowledge of, quality craft beer. They serve our guests with enthusiasm while providing information about our beers, brewing process and consistent commitment to quality. We offer a fun and energetic work environment, and did we mention there are beer benefits?
If you meet the following qualifications and are capable of working in a fast paced, artisanal and challenging environment, we would welcome the opportunity to review your resume.
Responsible for serving Highland guests in an efficient, professional, and friendly manner
FLSA Status: Part-time Hourly
Reports to: Hospitality Manager
Location: Asheville, NC
Essential Job Functions
· Tends bar
· Greets and serves guests in a polite, helpful manner
· Checks guests’ identification to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol
· Determines when a guest has over consumed alcohol and refuses service, when appropriate
· Sells merchandise and packaged beer
· Accurately processes payment for purchases
· Serves as barback, (including collecting dirty glasses; operating dishwasher; and setting up clean glassware, tables, chairs, etc.)
· Cleans Hospitality department tables, floors, restrooms, outside areas, etc.
· Performs other duties as assigned
· High school diploma preferred
· One or more years bartending or related hospitality experience required
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Ability to accurately manage cash and protect other Highland assets
· Ability to operate merchandise point-of-sale system
· Working knowledge of the craft brewing industry
· Ability to work well independently and within a team environment
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent verbal communication skills
· Ability to stand for long periods of time and do physically demanding work.
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
· Willingness to work evenings and weekends.