Retail Account Manager - South Coast
We are seeking a Retail Account Manager to lead our efforts on the South Coast, covering the area from Charleston SC to Jacksonville FL.
If you meet the following qualifications and are capable of working in a fast paced, artisanal and challenging environment, we would welcome the opportunity to review your resume. Please send cover letter, salary requirements and resume to Careers@HighlandBrewing.com
Responsible for growing volume and profitability in assigned geography and maintaining relationships with retailers and distributor personnel, all while representing Highland’s values and principles.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Market Development Manager
Location: Charleston, SC to Jacksonville, FL
Essential Job Functions
- Develops and maintains relationships with key retailers in assigned areas
- Develops and maintains relationships with distributor middle management and sales personnel
- Grows volume and profitability in assigned geography
- Executes assigned tasks developed by MDM, for each assigned distributor which include volume and distribution goals
- Provides a direct line of communication to the brewery
- Provides detailed written communication following market visits
- Executes beer tastings, special events, and festivals
- Educates wait staff and customers about Highland products
- Communicate beer donations and requests for merchandise for 501(c)(3) organizations within assigned geography to MDM
- Manages the sale and inventory of Highland-branded merchandise at special events and festivals
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Associate Degree in Marketing preferred
- 1-3 years relevant sales experience
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency in social media tools
- Working knowledge of the craft brewing industry
- Working knowledge of major beer styles, including origins and flavor profiles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Valid and maintained driver’s license
- Reliable transportation for daily driving along the South Coast
- Eligibility for alcoholic beverage licenses, where required
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and do physically demanding work is required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is required.
- Willingness to work events on evenings and weekends is required.
- Willingness to travel overnight is required.