Quality Assurance/Quality Control Assistant
Responsible for quality control testing and analysis to help ensure the consistent high quality of Highland beer.
FLSA Status: Full-Time Hourly, Non-exempt
Reports to: Quality Manager
Essential Job Functions
· Collects, organizes and presents QA/QC data from raw materials through packaging
· Utilizes sterile technique to collect and process microbiological samples
· Performs chemical and analytical testing on product samples
· Follows Standard Operating Procedures to execute a robust testing regimen
· Maintains, calibrates, and verifies accuracy of lab equipment
· Facilitates tasting panel where necessary
· Performs troubleshooting where necessary on process or equipment
· Understands and follows all safety procedures and wears appropriate PPE
· Collaborates with other departments to tackle issues as they arise
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Brewing school with lab experience, or a 4-year degree in natural sciences is preferred.
· Some relevant lab experience is required.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Understanding of fermentation science and the elements of brewing
· Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems related to product and/or equipment
· Ability to perform under pressure and prioritize multiple demands
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of recipes, processes, procedures, and other internal information
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
· Ability to work both independently and within a team
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to stand for long periods of time and do physically demanding work is required
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is required.
· Willingness to work on and around potentially dangerous equipment and machinery is required.
· Willingness to work in an environment with high noise levels is required.
Willingness to occasionally work events on evenings
and weekends is required