Highland Brewing Company, a growing and dynamic company, seeks to add a detail-oriented, methodical, and reliable individual with initiative and respect for teamwork to our packaging crew.
This is a full-time hourly position with benefits (including health insurance) that begin after a successful 90-day introductory period.
If you have a positive, can-do attitude, meet the following qualifications, and are capable of working in a fast-paced, artisanal and challenging environment, we would welcome the opportunity to review your resume.
Please submit your resume and cover letter with compensation requirements in Word or PDF format to Careers@HighlandBrewing.com. No phone calls or visits please.
Packaging Technician position entails maintaining and running high-speed machinery on the bottling line and cleaning/filling kegs. This position is responsible for safely operating equipment to package beer in bottles and kegs.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports to: Packaging Manager
Location: Asheville, NC
Essential Job Functions
- Performs assigned tasks at various stations on the bottling, canning and kegging lines
- Cleans in accordance with established protocols
- Completes required paperwork accurately in a neat and timely manner
- Helps maintain equipment
- Follows safety procedures and wears PPE
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High-school diploma
- Associates degree in a mechanical related field preferred
- At least one year of related experience in a production facility is preferred
- Strong mechanical background with equipment repair experience preferred
- Industry experience with beer packaging and related equipment preferred
- Experience in forklift operation
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to safely operate machinery
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Ability to recognize and respond to machinery malfunctions and safety hazards
- Ability to contribute to positive work environment
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new procedures and skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills
- Interest in/passion for working in the craft beer industry
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and do physically demanding work is required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is required.
- * Willingness to work on and around potentially dangerous equipment/machinery is required.
- Willingness to work in an environment with high noise levels is required.
- Willingness to occasionally work events on evenings and weekends is required.