On-Call Sound Tech
We’re gearing up for a busy season and looking for an On-Call Sound Technician to run sound for local, regional and national touring acts. Evenings and weekend availability are a must for this position.
FLSA Status: Part-time Hourly
Reports to: Hospitality Manager
Location: Asheville, NC
Essential Job Functions
· Serves as Sound Technician
· Ensures all stages are cleaned daily and are presentable from anyone’s viewpoint
· Ensures all sound booths and storage areas are clean and organized
· Maintains accurate inventory spreadsheet for all A/V equipment
· Maintains proper maintenance and protection on all A/V and stage assets including proper winter storage of outdoor assets such as drum risers, etc.
· Coordinates in advance with entertainment on technical needs, including but not limited to, stage plot input list, load-in and set times, lighting, and hospitality
· Greets clients and customers in a polite and helpful manner
· Serves as barback, as needed (including collecting dirty glasses, operating dishwasher, setting up clean glassware, tables, chairs, etc.)
· Greets and serves customers in a polite, helpful manner
· Cleans Hospitality department tables, floors, restrooms, outside areas, etc., as needed
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Minimum of high school diploma
· Some sound technician or related experience required
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Familiar and comfortable operating audio/visual equipment (mixers, lighting, etc.)
· Working knowledge of the craft brewing industry is a plus!
· Ability to work well independently and within a team environment
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent verbal communication skills
· Ability to stand for long periods of time and do physically demanding work is required.
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is required.
· Willingness to work evenings and weekends is required.
At-Will Employment: Employment with Highland Brewing Co. may be terminated by either Highland or the employee at any time with or without cause or notice.