On Call Greeter/Parking Attendent
Highland Brewing is seeking craft beer fans to work as On Call Greeters. This important role is often providing a first impression to our guests as they pull into our parking lot.
Our Greeters serve our guests in a courteous and friendly way, providing information about our events and facilities, while directing guests where to parking to maximize space efficiently.
On Call staff work mostly nights and weekends. We schedule two weeks out to facilitate coordination with other jobs and personal needs.
We offer a fun work environment to other science-and-art-minded individuals who love great beer. If you meet the following qualifications and are capable of working in a fast paced, artisanal and challenging environment, we would welcome the opportunity to review your resume.
Responsible for serving Highland guests in an efficient, professional, and friendly manner
FLSA Status: Part-time Hourly
Reports to: Tour and Merchandise Supervisor
Location: Asheville, NC
Essential Job Functions
· Greets and serves guests in a polite, helpful manner
· Directs guest where to park to maximize space available
· Determines when a guest has over consumed alcohol and suggests alternate transportation, when appropriate
· Accurately processes payment for purchases
· Serves as barback, (including collecting dirty glasses; operating dishwasher; and setting up clean glassware, tables, chairs, etc.)
· Cleans Hospitality department tables, floors, restrooms, outside areas, etc.
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Hospitality experience preferred
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Ability to accurately manage cash and protect other Highland assets
· Ability to operate merchandise point-of-sale system
· Working knowledge of the craft brewing industry
· Ability to work well independently and within a team environment
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent verbal communication skills
· Stand for long periods of time and do physically demanding work.
· Work outside in hot, cold and rainy conditions
· Lift up to 50 lbs. .
· Willingness to work evenings and weekends.