Key Target Account Chain Focus Lead
Our Mission: We cultivate and celebrate the experience of beer, business, people, and place.
Our Vision: To be the leader in crafting connections through beer and beyond.
Ensure HBC’s sustainable-profitable market share growth by fostering short- and long-term relationships in Chain and Key Accounts. Define where we are, where we should be, and how to close the gap related to each assigned Chain or Key Account:
· Retail Results – Conduct on- and off-premise marketing activities directly at retail.
· Distributor/Market Development – Gain positive results through other people.
· Sales Enablement – Facilitate positive results for other people.
Ideal Candidates will live in the Charlotte or Raleigh NC areas.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: VP of Sales
Location: Charlotte or Raleigh NC
Essential Job Functions
· Develops and executes the sales and marketing plans in assigned chains and key accounts
· Grows HBC account volume, share, and profitability in chains and key accounts
· Works with key decision makers in assigned accounts
· Assists accounts in identifying and executing their top priorities for the craft beer category
· Leads regularly-scheduled communication with decision-makers at retail and distributor levels
· Supports distributor management and sales personnel related to assigned accounts
· Helps develop SKU priority management program for accounts
· Develop new business and leads to add to account list
· Develop quarterly plan for account list and development of new business
· Plan and support events at accounts and chains with HBC retail sales personnel
· Monitors execution of programs and provides input into the ordering of all POS material to ensure superior execution of all programs and appropriate support of our brand
· Develops brand-pricing strategies in each market
· Continually searches for opportunities to advance sales and market share by monitoring competitive pricing and promotional activity
· Performs other duties as needed or assigned
· Minimum of bachelor’s degree
· Minimum of four years of sales/sales management experience
· Experience with headquarter chain call activity
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Working knowledge of general business, including strategic planning, budgeting, company profitability targets, sales and marketing programs, price promotions, and channel analysis
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to analyze market performance and make recommendations
· Eligibility to obtain and maintain all local and state licensing requirements
· Understanding of three-tier distribution system
· Advanced knowledge of craft beer sales, marketing, and distribution
· Ability to develop and help manage distributor sales plans
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
· Working knowledge of major beer styles, including origins and flavor profiles
· Presentation and public speaking skills
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
· Relationship-building skills to navigate HBC, distributor, and retail cultures
· High energy and strong work ethic
· Ability to travel overnight frequently and spend time away from home is required.
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly and often is required.
· Ability to “handle” items associated with the selling and sampling of our products is required.
· Willingness to work hours other than the “normal” work week, including evenings and weekends, is required.