Hospitality Maintenance Technician
Responsible for general maintenance, cleaning, and repair of equipment in all areas of the Hospitality Department; including the Tasting Room, Meadow, Event Center, and Rooftop Bar.
FLSA Status: Part-time Hourly
Reports to: Guest Experience Director
Location: Asheville, NC
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for identifying and addressing general maintenance issues throughout the Hospitality Department, including:
o Lighting, painting, window cleaning, and plumbing
- Maintains and repairs equipment and fixtures including:
o All Indoor/Outdoor Furniture
o Doors and doorways (including locks)
o Dollies/Handtrucks, etc
o Tasting Room and Meadow Stages
o Tents, Benches, Fencing, etc.
o Basic plumbing issues
o Bathroom fixtures and amenities
o Air Conditioning in Tasting Room and Event Center
- Assemble racks, furniture, etc.
- Repair structures and equipment at all bars (within the scope of maintenance)
- Wall mount pictures and equipment (i.e. soundboards, lighting, speakers, etc)
- Identifies when an outside trade is needed and makes recommendation to Hospitality Management
- Performs other duties as assigned
High-school diploma, preferred
At least one year experience in industrial facilities maintenance preferred
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and troubleshooting skills
- Thorough understanding of safety regulations and proper safety procedures, including lock out/tag out and other required safety protocols
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently with limited direction and within a team environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer proficiency preferred
This position requires working both inside and outside, year-round, in all weather conditions, as required to keep all Hospitality equipment operational.
This position requires the performance of strenuous physical activities, such as lifting, bending, climbing (stairs/ladders), and pushing/pulling/lifting and manipulating heavy objects.
This position will require morning and daytime ours, days will be flexible. Some after-hours shifts may be necessary for certain tasks.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and do physically demanding work is required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs required.
- Willingness to work on and around potentially dangerous equipment/machinery is required
- Willingness to work in an environment with high noise levels is required
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends and respond to emergencies