Field Sales Representative - Florida
We are seeking a Field Sales Representative to grow Highland in Florida.
If you meet the following qualifications and are capable of working in a fast paced, artisanal and challenging environment, we would welcome the opportunity to review your resume. Please send cover letter, salary requirements and resume to Careers@HighlandBrewing.com.
Responsible for growing volume and profitability in assigned geography and maintaining relationships with retailers and distributor personnel, all while representing Highland’s values and principles.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Market Development Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Develops and maintains relationships with key retailers in assigned areas
- Develops and maintains relationships with distributor management and personnel
- Grows volume and profitability in assigned geography
- Creates and manages business plans for each assigned distributor which include volume and distribution goals
- Provides a direct line of communication to the brewery
- Provides detailed written communication following market visits
- Executes beer tastings, special events, and festivals
- Educates wait staff and customers about Highland products
- Manages the sale and inventory of Highland-branded merchandise at special events and festivals
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- 2-3 years relevant beverage sales experience selling to retailers and consumers
- Experience with adult beverage sales preferred
- Experience working within a distribution network preferred
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency in social media tools
- Working knowledge of the craft brewing industry
- Working knowledge of major beer styles, including origins and flavor profiles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently to achieve goals
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Valid and maintained driver’s license
- Reliable transportation for daily driving in multiple VA counties
- Eligibility for alcoholic beverage licenses, where required
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and do physically demanding work is required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is required.
- Willingness to work events on evenings and weekends is required.
- Willingness to travel daily and overnight is required.