Events Team Specialist
Our Mission: We cultivate and celebrate the experience of beer, business, people, and place.
Our Vision: To be the leader in crafting connections through beer and beyond.
We are looking for an Events Team Rockstar! This position will focus on event day logistics and management in our private event facility, the Event Center & Rooftop Bar. Highland Brewing Company (HBC) hosts over 200 private events annually many of which are scheduled on nights and weekends. This position serves as a liaison between the HBC team including bar leads and bartenders and the private party client, the client’s hired vendors, the client’s hired day of event coordinator, etc. This position will focus on on-site execution only with a high level of guest service, problem solving, time management and event day team support.
FLSA Status: Part-time Hourly
Reports to: Event Sales Manager
Essential Job Functions
· Performing tours in the Event Center for perspective clients, returning clients, or vendors to facilitate event planning. Tours will be scheduled by the Events Sales Manager.
· Demonstrated ability to execute and manage events including timeline management, scheduling logistics, vendor communication, team direction and the ability to anticipate guest needs proactively and conscientiously.
· Must be self-motivated with the ability to maintain a calm demeanor under pressure.
· Must be flexible with the ability to problem solve quickly and courteously and adept at communicating changes to the entire events team.
· Maintaining a working knowledge of North Carolina alcohol laws and policies regarding HBC permits and policies with both private and HBC branded events
· Set up and tear down of Event Center furniture and rentals. The floorplans will be determined in advance and communicated to the events team in a Banquet Event Order (BEO).
· Meet vendors (i.e. caterers, florists, rental companies, etc.) and clients prior to the event start to ensure the BEO is correct and expectations for both the guest and HBC are met to ensure a successful event.
· Assisting bar team with maintaining the appearance of the Event Center and Rooftop Bar which may include moving tables, bussing tables, cleaning glassware, serving beverages, stocking coolers, etc.
· Delivering final event settlement to private event clients including rental fee and beverage charges.
· Creating event recaps and reporting back to the Event Sales Manager following private events to communicate follow up details or event related issues.
· Assist Event Sales Manager with creating event-related print materials, gathering event data, contacting vendors, creating floorplans and BEOs for events as needed.
· Performs other duties as needed and assigned
· High school diploma
· Two years event planning and execution experience preferred but enthusiasm for delivering an incredible guest experience is a must
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Must be highly organized with the ability to anticipate guests needs in a timely manner and problem solve independently while considering the safety of our guests and protecting the HBC brand image and property
· Strong interpersonal communication and leadership skills with a keen attention to detail.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team
· Excellent phone skills and legible handwriting
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
· Willingness work events on evenings and weekends is required.
· Ability to lift up to 30 lbs is required and stand on your feet for long periods of time