Leads and manages all bar and parking staff and is ultimately responsible for all bars and parking areas. This position is responsible for creating and maintaining a superior customer service experience across all Highland venues.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Guest Experience Director
Location: Asheville, NC
Essential Job Functions
BARS (Tasting Room, Meadow, Event Center and Rooftop)
· Sells and serves HBC products in only a responsible, positive, professional, and first-class manner.
· Manages and supervises all bar staff
· Schedules bar staff and appropriately and effectively, coordinating with the Guest Experience Director and Events Team
· Responsible for all bar staff biweekly time card approvals
· Manages food truck schedule
· Assists in the development of the Hospitality budget and ensures all bar related financial goals are met (supplies, beverage, and labor)
· Assesses potential liabilities and security in tasting room and works with local ALE and law enforcement to ensure compliance with all laws
- Assists with developing and maintaining bar training manual and materials
- Establishes and maintains customer service standards for all bar staff
- Schedules regular staff meetings and maintains clear and consistent communication with bar staff
· Oversees reconciliation of money, including protocols for bartenders and a corrective-action system when funds are not properly reconciled
· Analyzes beer sales, gives feedback to brewers on popularity of particular styles, works with Distribution in planning beer needs Performs other duties as needed or assigned
· Schedules parking attendants for weekends and special events
· Oversee Highland parking organization in order to maximize capacity
· Contact management companies and local businesses for satellite parking when needed
· Minimum of bachelor’s degree
· At least three years bar management experience
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Ability to manage cash and other Highland assets
· Working knowledge of the craft brewing industry
· Working knowledge of major beer styles, including origins and flavor profiles
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
· Ability to manage and motivate staff and to foster teamwork
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel
- Engaging personality to make guests feel welcome at Highland
- Ability to maintain trustworthy and honest relationships
- High energy and strong work ethic
- Ability to complete projects in a cost-efficient manner
· Ability to stand for long periods of time and do physically demanding work is required.
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is required.
· Willingness to work events on evenings and weekends and to work hours other than the “normal” work week is required.
· Willingness to take on other responsibilities as requested by management is required.